Facilitators/Educators foster and maintain mutually respectful, safe and meaningful learning environments.
- The Role of Facilitator/Educator: An Overview (Doc)
- Principles of Adult Learning (PDF)
A conceptual framework for facilitating skill-building in VISTA learners.
- Understanding Learning Styles (PDF)
Consider the varied learning styles of VISTAs through three different lenses.
- Facilitating Learning/Experiential Learning Cycle (PDF)
Strategies to create an active learning environment.
- Facilitating a Learning Session (Web Page/Links)
A process to develop and deliver training to members.
- Project Management (PDF)
Learn the basics of project management.
- Play to Your Strengths (Link)
An article by Gary Lockwood on the importance of focusing on your strengths.
- The Art of Managing Up (PDF)
An article by Wayne Turk on developing effective relationships with your supervisor.
- Communicating with Members (Link)
- Listen to program directors talk about their strategies for keeping in touch with members near and far.